The Tailors’ Tower, built in the fourteenth century, is located opposite the Clock Tower and it overlooks the second gateway into the city.

Initially, the two towers were the same shape, but during the great fire, the gunpowder stored in the Tailors Tower exploded and largely destroyed the tower. The dome collapsed and the north gate was rebuilt, in its original form, in 1935. The two passages that pierce the ground floor of the tower used to be closed from both sides with iron gratings.