The Shoemakers’ Tower is located at the northern end of the city wall. It dates from 1521 and was strengthened in 1603. In 1606 the tower that was looked over by the Shoemakers guild was partially destroyed, but was rebuilt in 1650.

During the 1676 fire it was destroyed and rebuilt in its present form in 1681. In front of the tower there was a bastion of artillery, which was demolished in 1648.

The shortest out of all of the towers, the construction of this tower has a hexagonal plan and on the south side of the roof it has a guard tower. Today, the tower houses the local radio station in Sighisoara, Radio Son Sighisoara.