The Tinsmiths’ Tower with the Clock Tower dominates the lower part of town. It was built at the same time with the wall, and suffered greatly due to earthquake and fire, after which it was always rebuilt. In 1583 occurred the most important reconstruction.

Now it has a height of 25 m, a rectangular base, a pentagonal shaped trunk, followed by the octagonal top floor and hexagonal unequal roof. The top floor is extended at the overhangs, it has throwing openings and shooting holes. In front of the tower is the best preserved bastion. The defensive wall is then extended to Joseph Haltrich High School.

The Tinsmiths’ Tower is bound to the Tanners Tower by the Archery Gallery, forming a strong defensive line to defend the southwest part of the city.